DERBY, United Kingdom – July 15th 2009
TBS, the leading provider of enterprise mobility solutions, has announced that its TaskMaster software will be deployed across Microsoft’s Windows Azure Services Platform, following the confirmation of pricing for the service at the 2009 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in New Orleans this week.
Microsoft technologies have always formed the foundation of TaskMaster, which enables organisations to manage the delivery, inspection and collection of assets; ensures compliance through workflow mapping; and provides real-time activity updates using GPS information.
TaskMaster will migrate to the Azure Services Platform by early 2010, giving an advanced application hosting solution with virtually unlimited processing and storage capacity. Microsoft’s Azure platform employs a cloud operating system for hosting approved developer services that can be used to build applications from consumer web to enterprise. Jon Poynton, Commercial Director at TBS commented: “The cost of data centers has increased exponentially over the last few years because of rising energy prices. Azure offers us the chance to host our applications at very reasonable rates and with expert support.” A hosted software-plus-services solution was created by TBS for TaskMaster in 2006 and run from a number of its own leased datacentres. This guaranteed availability, reduced average deployment time by 75 percent and lowered setup costs for smaller businesses.
But the enterprise mobility sector, which caters for a range of industries from utilities to logistics, demands agile development together with maximum customer service assurances. Therefore, from early 2010, Azure’s enhanced hosting environment will provide TaskMaster with increased benefits of capacity, cost, support and efficiency.
Notes to editors
TBS Enterprise Mobility
1. TBS Enterprise Mobility was founded in 1993 to bridge the strategy gap between call-centres and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and the vital component of customer satisfaction: the fieldworker.
2. TBS TaskMaster is an innovative enterprise mobility suite designed to eliminate costs and inefficiencies associated with paperwork, and drive consistent adherence to business processes.
3. The TBS mission is to swiftly develop and deploy effective enterprise mobility solutions.
4. TBS Enterprise Mobility’s clients span from the construction and automotive sector through to utilities-management and public sector councils. 5. Please visit http://www.tbsmobility.com/ for further information.
1. The Windows® Azure™ Platform is an internet-scale cloud computing and services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers. It provides a range of functionality to build applications that span from consumer web to enterprise scenarios and includes a cloud operating system and a set of developer services.
2. Fully interoperable through the support of industry standards and web protocols such as REST and SOAP, Azure services can be used to build new applications or to extend existing ones.